Saturday, September 10, 2016

Moving Target by J.A. Jance

Title: Moving Target
Author: J.A. Jance
Did I listen or read?: library book
When did I finish?: September 10, 2016
When was the book published: 2014
Main Characters: Ali Reynolds, B. Simpson, Leland Roberts, Lance Tucker, Leanne, Thad and Connor Tucker.  Leland's aunts Masie and Daisy, old friend Thomas, Sister Anselm
What happens?  Two plots.  B. works to help Lance out after he is set on fire in the youth correctional home, and Ali takes Leland back to England to get some closure after moving away.  They wind up investigating his father's death.  B's case involves warring Mexican cartels.
How long was this? 340 pages
Did I like this? OK, easy to read, the characters are reasonable and well drawn, but the plot and the cartels and the bad guys are all over the place.  I think I will try this author again with her JP Beaumont or Joanne Brady characters.
Overall grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment