Saturday, June 9, 2012

Shut Your Eyes Tight by John Verdon

Title:  Shut Your Eyes Tight
Author: John Verdon
Did I listen or read?: library book
When did I finish?: May 30, 2012
When was the book published: 2011
Main Characters: Dave Gurney, wife Madeline, cop Jack Hardwick, Jillian Perry, Dr. Ashton. the Mexican Gardner Hector Flores
What happens?  Gurney is retired in upstate New York.  Hardwick wants him to help with the murder of Jillian Perry, beheaded on his wedding day.  Gurney gets into the middle of a bizarre and brutal story around the sexual deviants who go to Dr. Ashton's school.
How long was this? 509 pages
Did I like this? A really good story, great characters.  I had a sense of what was going on before it was revealed, but even so, pretty brilliant stuff.  My first from Verdon, would definitely read more.

The brutality and depravity was a bit over the top.
Overall grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment