Saturday, June 7, 2014

After I'm Gone by Laura Lippman

Title: After I'm Gone
Author: Laura Lippman
Did I listen or read?: library book
When did I finish?: June 7, 2014
When was the book published: 2014
Main Characters: Bambi and Felix Brewer, his mistress Juliet Romeo Saxony, daughters Rachel, Julie and Michelle, lawyer Bert and wife Lorraine
What happens? Shooting back and forth between the 50's, 60's 70's all the way to now, we follow the story of Felix, who runs numbers and has girls on the side, and who disappears with Bert's help so he doesn't have to go to jail.  Julie gets killed 10 years later, and retired copy Sandy from Cuba solves it.
How long was this? 334 pages
Did I like this? Different, more a character study than a mystery, but overall compelling and interesting.  A little hard to follow going back and forth, but I am slow that way.  A great way to learn the characters and follow their lives.
Overall grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment