Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dead Silence by Randy Wayne White

Title: Dead Silence
Author: Randy Wayne White
Did I listen or read?: library book
When did I finish?: 6/12/14
When was the book published:  2009
Main Characters: Doc Ford, Sir James Montbard, the Tinman/Tenth Man, senator Barbara Hayes Sorrento, cuban bad guys Hump and Farfel
What happens?  Ford kills Bern Heller, who has done bad things, I guess, and then goes to meet Barbara for lunch, but she is nearly kidnapped, and instead they take a 14 year old boy, Will Chaser, who is with her because he won an essay writing contest, that he didn't actually write, he got his teacher to write by sleeping with her.  Seriously.
How long was this? 354 pages
Did I like this? A rambling confusing story with a bunch of characters that I didn't know or like.  If Will Chaser wasn't doing such a great job as the kidnapping victim, I think I would have stopped halfway.
Overall grade:  C-

No comments:

Post a Comment