Friday, May 13, 2011

The Dead Detective by William Heffernan

Title: The Dead Detective
Author: WIlliam Heffernan
Did I listen or read?: library book
When did I finish?: May 13, 2011
When was the book published: 2010
Main Characters: Harry Santos Doyle, his murdering mother Lucy Santos, Darlene Beckett, the teenage molester and sex addict, Pete Rourke, his boss, partner Vicki Stanopolis and young cop Jim Morgan
What happens? Harry's mom tries to kill him (when he is 10) and his brother so they can visit Heaven; only Harry survives. He is a cop now, with a special skill at listening to the murder victims. Someone has killed Darlene Roberts, and the suspects range from cop Nick to son of the pastor Bobby Joe Wade to father of the molested boy Joe Hall.
How long was this? 319 pages
Did I like this? Very good book, great story, interesting characters. He has written 15 others, I should definitely try them - I liked his style.
Overall grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment