Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich

Title: Sizzling Sixteen
Author: Janet Evanovich
Did I listen or read?: Library book
When did I finish?: April 29, 2011
When was the book published: 2010
Main Characters: The usual crew, Stephanie Plum, Morelli, Lula, Ranger, Grandma Plum, Uncle Vinnie and Connie from the bail bond office
What happens? Uncle VInnie gets kidnapped because he owes beaucoup bucks from gambling, and Stephanie, Lula and Connie decide to raise the ransom or find him because otherwise they would have to find real jobs. The usual Ranger/Morelli tension ensues, and the 3 women take unbelievable (really) risks to get him back. Warring gangs and a shell company who has bought the Bail Bonds business to commit fraud add variety.
How long was this? 307 pages
Did I like this? It was OK. I read it in 4 days, and enjoyed it overall, but either she is bored and just mailing it in, or I am bored with the usual plot and twists, so it didn't really catch me the way the older books in the series did.
Overall grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment